Monday 18 January 2010

My House

Since Friday 8am in England i had no sleep, id been awake 46hours before i crashed out in my room at 3pm, i woke up 12 hours later and chatted on msn to friends as it was 10pm in the uk. I was still tired so at 7am i got some more rest another few hours.

Once id woken up and had a well earnt shower, i decided to sort a few things out, as i literally just crashed out on my futon after getting in my room. I then decided to just record a video on my iPhone to remember the place.

Here is the Entrance and Kitchen/Living Room


Here is the Shower and my Room



My first impression of the house was 'pritty cool lets sleep' but once id woken up and checked out the place i thought it was so cool. Its a traditional building with the sliding windows, mostly made from wood, apart from the foundations its set upon. This provides a lot better safety for earthquakes.

One problem i have noticed is at this time of year the place is so freezing. There are little gaps in the tatami mats, which although very small suck the heat right out of the room. On the 1st night i made the mistake of setting the air-con onto a timer, to try save some energy, this was a bad idea and i wont ever do this again!

No so much a problem, as i really don't mind it but as the house is made from wood, the vibrations are loud. Something as simple as shutting a door shakes the whole house. I imagine the Japanese people are brought up to respect this, and slow any actions which would shake the house, but sometime i do shut a door to hard. Im sure i will learn to get used to it, it seams so irreverent but i think about these things.

I will get some nicer photos of the house uploaded soon (im writing this 8hours in advance, i have a new toy which i will write about soon hehe ;)

Eamon emailed me saying to meet at 3pm, we were going to 秋葉原 Akihabara! ...couldn't wait.